Celebrate National Travel & Tourism Week Virtually
Each year during the first week of May, the U.S. Travel Association celebrates National Travel & Tourism Week. This year, the week hits a special chord on so many of our heartstrings as nonessential travel remains halted due to COVID-19. Vacation plans cancelled, dreams of adventures dashed as we’re all left to wonder when we can begin our next adventure.
If you had a trip planned to Reno-Tahoe Territory, you may be visiting our gorgeous landscapes virtually for now, watching the waves of Lake Tahoe as they lap on the shoreline. Or take a step back in time through Virginia City’s webcam in the Virginia Range to the east.
Our diverse region of high desert valleys, majestic tree-lined mountains, and crystal-clear lakes will be here waiting for you when the time to travel comes again. Until then, and to help lift your spirits, the Reno-Tahoe Territory hopes you will celebrate the Spirit of Travel through your social media feeds and remember what travel means to you.
How to Participate
- During the week of May 3-9, use #SpiritOfTravel in your inspirational travel photos. There’s no shortage of those in Reno-Tahoe Territory.
- Watch and share the video.
- Check out the toolkit for social graphics, tips and more.
- Participate in the Virtual Road Trip, stopping in Nevada on May 5 at 4:15 p.m. See here for details.
- Work with your community to spread the message of #TheSpiritOfTravel.
We can’t wait to see how our region steps up to inspire travel to Reno-Tahoe Territory once it’s safe to return. For more information on National Travel & Tourism Week, click here.